This page lists links to step-by-step tutorials, both on this wiki and on external sites.
In the course of these tutorials we'll go through all the steps needed to create a basic adventure.
- Introductory tutorial - An overview of the toolset as a whole
- Module tutorial - how to create a module to work in.
This set of tutorials forms a series, each building on or filling in omissions by the last:
- Area tutorial
- Placeable tutorial
- Item tutorial
- Creature tutorial
- Conversation tutorial
- Lighting Tutorial
Once you've become familiar with the basics introduced on those tutorials you might have a better grounding for:
- Cutscene tutorial
- Map tutorial (which also introduces you to 2DA editing)
- Level Editor Tutorial
- Scripting tutorial
Various small Tutorials, in a unsorted manner.
The toolset currently ships with a simple demo module pre-loaded into its database.
- Demo module - how to export and run the demo module.
Custom content tutorials
- Adding custom armor tutorial
- Adding custom level tutorial
- Adding a new spell tutorial
- Adding a new weapon type tutorial
- Adding a custom model to the toolset tutorial
- Adding custom heraldry to a shield tutorial
- Adding custom items to custom modules tutorial
- Adding custom shield tutorial
- Creating item with note in Codex
- Creating a custom placeable from a model tutorial
- Creating recolors of existing items tutorial
- Customisation of original Dragon age armor
- Extending GDAs tutorial
- Overriding and creating tints tutorial
- Reskinning an item tutorial
- Usable campaign items tutorial
- Using DLC areas in your mods tutorial
- UI Tutorial (draft)
- Playing custom Player Character
- How to create textures
Character generation tutorials
- Basic follower tutorial: covers the basics of adding a follower to party (which has space)
- Follower tutorial: a more comprehensive tutorial for creating followers (script heavy)
- Follower tutorial (alternative): an alternative to the main follower tutorial
- Follower tutorial (satans_karma): an alternative to the main follower tutorial
- Advanced follower tutorial: a comprehensive tutorial for creating followers with a focus on compatibility (very script heavy)
- Follower_guidelines (contains general guidelines and compatibility information)
- Adding a Location to the Single Player Campaign Tutorial
- Noob to pro (Step by step guide to making a new standalone campaign)
- Module Priority Tutorial How to set module. Priority for multiple mods with similar files, so they don't interfere
- Plot Information on configuring plot flags for journal and codex entries
- Beyond Ferelden has many in-depth tutorials by jwvanderbeck.
- Playable Area and Conversation video tutorial by st4rdog.
- Simple Conversation Cameras video tutorial by st4rdog.
- Cutscene and Trigger video tutorial by st4rdog.
- Custom Level and Room Building video tutorial by st4rdog.
- Downloading and Installing the Toolset video tutorial by DragonAge22.
- Creating a Room video tutorial by DragonAge22.
- How to Make an Interior Level with Lighting video tutorial by Darkworld Development Team.
- Making a Room video tutorial by BigDrip681.
- Custom Player Items In Single Player by weriK.
- The Secret Behind Item Statistics by weriK.
- Guide for installing/uninstalling/updating Mods Beginner Guide to get started with using Mods by Alexspeed.
- Photoshop Map making tutorials Credits to Jason Elford, brought to DAT wiki by Arixsus
- Video Tutorials by SilentCid Multiple in-depth video tutorials of the DA Toolset
- Qkrch's Video Tutorials Toolset tutorial complete series for the experienced builder (Spanish & English)
- World Editing and Area Creation Tutorial by giskard44 where he walks you through a module creation process for an single player addin.
- Custom Item Materials by Chains-Gore.
- Lighting Tutorial with Troubleshooting section (aimed at beginners)
- How to make a dress with crinoline
- Skinning tutorial
- Rigging tutorial
- Creating Props using 3ds max
|English • русский